Careers at Park Academy Childcare
Setting the Standard in Irish Childcare – Join our Award Winning Team!
As one of Ireland’s largest leading childcare providers, we are regularly looking for talented childcare professionals and Early Years Educators to join our team. Our eight award-winning crèche centres are based in the areas of Cabinteely, Sandyford, Booterstown, Bray and Greystones in County Wicklow, including Ireland’s first Nature Kindergarten.
Pioneers in Irish childcare, we continue to lead the way in providing innovative, child led, high quality care that families value. It is this tradition of excellence that has given Park Academy Childcare the strong reputation we hold today. We recognise that our employees have created that tradition and are largely responsible for our success. Therefore we consider them be our most important asset and are committed to providing the finest possible work environment, with many opportunities for personal satisfaction and growth.
We are proud that a number of our team have been with us for more than 15 years and have enjoyed watching these people develop and flourish within their roles, progressing on to managerial and other senior positions within the company. In fact many members of our Care & Education Team began their childcare career at Park Academy Childcare and now use their skills and experience to support, inspire and mentor new members of our team. We aim to be the acknowledged leaders in our industry and so we have built a team of knowledgeable and talented people, who share our passion for the childcare industry.
Training Opportunities & Career Development at Park Academy Childcare
We believe in investing in our team and offer excellent career development and training opportunities for our staff.
- Park Academy Childcare Training – Our HR Team provide Induction Day Training for all new staff members as well as a three month Introductory Training Programme. We also offer a Supervisory & Leadership Programme which covers topics such as Leadership, Supervision, Delegation & Customer Service. This nine week course provides Team Leaders with the skills they require to progress in their role and provide the highest quality care.
- Statutory Training – All Park Academy Childcare team members receive in-house training in Manual Handling, HACCP & First Aid
- Education Assistance Programme – Park Academy Childcare provide up to €500 towards course fees for staff members who wish to undertake further education. This applies to any childcare related course that will assist a team member in their role.
- Carlow IT Diploma in Management Effectiveness & Practice – Park Academy Childcare have collaborated with Carlow IT to provide a Management Diploma for staff who wish to progress their career in this direction. The Diploma covers all aspects of management and so provides learners with valuable, transferable skills that can be applied to a variety of management roles. The six module course is open to Team Leaders and Creche Managers with 90% of the course costs covered for current Management team members. The course provides flexibility for participants, allowing them to complete modules as their schedules permit. This way team members can maintain work-life balance during busy periods of their lives.
- Non Statutory Training – Our team also benefit from paid non-statutory training in areas such as Speech & Language Development, Child Protection and Positive Behaviour.
Happy Team, Happy Crèche – Employee Benefits at Park Academy Childcare
We feel lucky to have such a dedicated, enthusiastic and hardworking team and like to show our appreciation in many ways. These include:
- Bi-yearly social nights for the whole Team (Christmas Party & Summer Barbeque)
- In crèche treats such as pamper days & pizza parties
- Fun dress up days & charity fundraisers
- Seasonal celebrations such as Easter eggs & our annual Chef’s Christmas Dinner!
- JUMP Inter-creche Employee Sports Tournament
Other employee benefits at Park Academy Childcare include:
- A comprehensive employee welcome pack
- Full uniform subsidy (after 12 months service)
- 2 paid sick days (after 12 months service)
- Incremental pay increases
- Employee childcare discount
- Pension contribution
- Access to the Park Academy Team Facebook Group
- Expert support from our HR and Education Teams
- Groupschemes membership discounts
- Access to a confidential employee assistance helpline
- Awards for 5, 10 & 15 years service with the company
Working Together to Make a Difference – Supporting Charitable Causes
Park Academy Childcare believe in making a contribution to society and love to support charities, in particular those that work with families or are close to the hearts of our team. Therefore we regularly hold crèche fundraisers that our staff and family can get involved in, so that together we can make a difference – while also having some fun! Previous benefactors have included LauraLynn Children’s Hospice, Temple St. Children’s Hospital, local family refuge centres & The ISPCC and these funds have been raised through a variety of different activities including creche dress up days, football tournaments and a benefit night centred on Park Academy’s very own version of ‘The Cube’!
Inclusivity & Equality at Park Academy Childcare
At Park Academy Childcare we have always celebrated difference – we value the knowledge and passions that each individual brings and know that our strength comes from embracing these unique perspectives and talents. We welcome different styles and ideas and are respectful of other cultures and traditions. Cultural days are recognised throughout the crèches, be it St Patricks Day, Diwali, Christmas or Pride, and our teams always make the effort to recognise the diversity in both our employees and the children we care for.
At present we employ more than 17 different nationalities and 15% of our overall workforce are male, with 11% of these working directly with the children. The nationwide average of men working in childcare in Ireland is currently 4% (with only 2% working directly with the children) so we take pride in being above the national average. Having a gender balance in our rooms has had nothing but a positive impact on the children at Park Academy Childcare and we hope to increase this percentage in the coming years!
Thinking of Joining Us? Some Team Stats…
74% of our management team started with the company as Early Years Educators working with the children in the rooms.
Nearly 80% of all positions filled within Park Academy are through internal promotions.
15% of our workforces are male and we employ over 17 different nationalities within our company.
We are proud of our close-knit, motivated team and know they are integral to our success. If you love working with children, are a qualified Early Years Educator and are looking to progress your career then we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV with a brief cover note to email@example.com.