AIM Early Years Educator – Booterstown, Dublin
The AIM model promotes inclusive practice and offers all children an opportunity to meaningful participate in a pre-school year. Determining how to allow a child to participate varies depending on the need of the child.
We require you to sit with the creche manager and team leader to create an educational assistance plan for the child that needs assistance. For example if the child is in a wheel chair they may need physical help throughout the day, however if the child is struggling to regulate their own behaviour they made only need you at certain times throughout the morning.
AIM is a strength-based model and not an SNA model, however some children will require one to one care.
This role is specifically tailored to meet the needs and requirements of the child in question and will vary and adjust to these needs on an ongoing basis. The role is a support role, providing guidance, support and assistance to the child in question or to the room when and as needed.
Duties are subject to weekly review and refinement with the child’s Key Worker, Parents and the Manager to ensure that the child remains supported in the most effective manner.
Duties may include the list below however this will depend on the educational plan and guidance from Manager. It may be a case that you act as an overall EYE within the classroom and only occasionally getting involved with the AIM child.
A Fetac Level 5 in Childcare is required for this role.
- 1:1 Supervision of the child always where required
- 1:1 Support given to increase child’s access and inclusion into daily activities, routines and group play
- 1:1 Support to encourage positive peer interactions and to foster positive social and emotional development in the child
- 1:1 Support to help the child in daily self-care (e.g. changing, toileting, eating, cleaning face and hands)
- 1:1 Additional support in all forms of child’s development where required, in partnership with team members
- Planning, preparation and implementation of activities tailored to the specific child’s needs, to help engage and encourage positive peer interactions, in collaboration with team members
- Participation in all creche activities where appropriate (e.g. participation in group games/activities to support child’s inclusion; assistance with conflict resolution involving child etc.)
- Participation in weekly staff meetings
- Weekly feedback and planning meetings with child’s key worker
- Monthly feedback meetings with parents of child, or more frequently if requested or required
Please note this role is 9am to 12pm Monday to Friday during term time.
For more details visit our careers page.
For more information on this role or to apply contact Jemma at firstname.lastname@example.org.