Childcare Team Leader for children age 3-5 Years
An exciting opportunity has arisen to become a Team Leader in The Park Academy in our creche in Cabinteely running our Smarties room, which caters for children aged between 3 and 5. This creche is a very busy, well-established creche where experience in a similar role is essential. This is a fantastic opportunity to bring your career to the next level.
Duties will include;
- To ensure a high standard of care is implemented in your room at all times
- To be a good positive role model
- To liaise between management and staff
- To support management decisions and to be positive about implementing these decisions within your room
- Ensuring all staff are aware of The Park Academy’s policies and procedures and in turn ensuring that these procedures are carried out at all times
- Planning, reviewing and implementing activities/programmes appropriate to individual and group needs
- To delegate work to other members of staff where possible, therefore enabling staff to feel they also have roles and responsibilities within the room
- To motivate staff through praising, supporting and encouraging any ideas or suggestions, etc.
- To support your staff. Ensure they know they can come to you with any concerns, ideas, etc.
- To train new staff. To ensure they are thought about “our standards and our way of doing things”
- To ensure that all relevant paperwork is up to date and easily accessible at all times
- To ensure shifts are organised by a Thursday and ready to hand up to the office on a Friday
- To ensure shifts are covered in your rooms at all times
- Ensure staff are aware that they will be expected to be flexible with shifts. i.e. on occasions when your room or another room are short staffed you will have to organise cover or give cover to another room
- To ensure that the communication book is filled in as much as possible during the day, therefore ensuring all staff are aware of everything that is going on in the room at all times
- Introduce new parents to your room, ensuring they have received their welcome pack
- To involve all the parents in various areas of their child’s development. i.e. involved in the theme of the week, weekly/monthly parties, concerts, suggestions for the room/activities etc.
- To work cooperatively with parents when dealing with any issues arising with their child
- Liaise with other team leaders regarding children coming into and leaving your room, i.e. arrange visit times, arrange times for parents to be introduced to their child’s new room
- To attend Team Leader meetings every week
Benefits to include the following;
- 21 days paid annual leave per year
- The Park Academy closes for the Christmas break
- Regular Social Events
- €350 Employee referral bonus and €150 for the person that was referred
- Access to discounted health insurance
- Team of the Quarter award
- Regular performance reviews & promotion from within
- Uniform subsidy
- Members of “Great place to work”
- Discounted Childcare fees
- Regular training and development courses in house
- Career progression across all 8 of our centres and Head Office.
For more information call Aoife on 01 285 1237, email email@example.com.
Complete this application form to apply for this job.