Sugar Free Sweet Potato Brownies
This delicious and simple recipe has no added sugar. It also looks great as a Christmas dessert, dusted with icing sugar. The sweet potato and banana ensure that the brownies are moist & gooey…as well as providing lots of goodness!
Sweet potatoes are one of the healthiest foods you can eat, packed with Beta Carotene, anti-oxidants, Vitamin C and fibre. Bananas are rich in potassium and B vitamins which help to maintain energy levels. Brightly coloured fruit and veg help to build up our immune system in wintertime, when colds and bugs are rife.
So if you‘re in the mood for some healthy indulgence this weekend …this is the recipe for you!
We hope you enjoy.
• 200g self-raising flour
• 50g cocoa powder, sifted
• 1 tsp Baking soda
• 100g butter, cubed
• 100ml milk
• 3 large eggs
• 250g sweet potato, grated
• 1 large very ripe banana mashed
- Put the flour, coco powder and baking soda in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and add in to the mix, along with the milk while mixing.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into the lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven at 170 degrees C for 25 minutes
Serve warm, sprinkled with icing sugar. Add a dollop of crème fraiche if desired!